Friday, June 24, 2011

Nantew yiye- BLOG NAME CHANGE!!!!

Ok, so originally this blog was "Agoo Little one".
 But being the newbee that I am to all things Ghana-I made a mistake.


"Agoo" was the word just below "Nantew yiye" on the translation website I was looking at.
"Agoo" means to call attention. And "Nantew yiye" means "safe journey". THUS the Blog name change to "Nantew Yiye Little One".
These are words from the Twi (pronounced 'chwee') language. Specifically Ashanti Twi is a language spoken in Ghana by about 7 million people. 


Nantew yiye is pronounced "Nan ti yeah".


(found here on this fun website)

2 comments:

  1. Hey there... Was told about your blog as our family has tossed and turned with the idea of adoption for a couple of years now. I am so excited for you and though I don't know you from Adam your a sister in Christ and it is my pleasure to pray for your sweet family during this mountain climbing processes. And who knows, perhaps we'll be on the mountain with you too one day. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. so awesome! thank you for sharing that with me:) thank you for your prayers and let us know if you get on the mountain;)

    ReplyDelete